Friday, December 23, 2011

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson (born 31 January 1991) is a British model and film actress, who has appeared in Indian feature films. Before starting her acting career, Jackson won the Miss Teen World competition in 2008, and also later finished third in Miss England 2010. She later went on to appear in the successful Tamil period-drama, Madrasapattinam, which won her plaudits for her role.

Released on 9 July 2010, Madrasapattinam was a huge hit of the year 2010. Now, Amy has replaced Trisha Krishnan in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa Hindi remake to be directed by Gautham Menon. With this Amy is entering in to Bollywood Industry. This movie is slated as 2011 Summer release.

Amy Jackson Photos 1

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 2

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 3

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 4

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 5

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 6

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 7

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 8

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 9

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 10

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 11

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 12

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 13

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 14

Amy Jackson

Amy Jackson Photos 15

Amy Jackson
Miss Teen World Amy Jackson is making her Kollywood debut in Arya's upcoming Madrasapattinam, a period love story set in pre-Independence era! Then I began looking for a heroine, I happened to see Amy's picture in the Miss Teen World pageant on the Internet. The moment I saw her picture, I knew that she was the person I was looking for. My only concern was whether she would agree to be a part of this project.

We searched all of England for her. In fact, my line producer in England, David Choudhary, after being unable to trace Amy, sent me pictures of 100 other girls to choose from. I told him don't mind looking at the pictures but I want Amy as my film heroine. Finally, we decided to have auditions in London and as luck would have it, Amy walked in on the third day. That was how she came to be part of Madrasapattinam, said Vijay, director of the film.

We always wanted to travel to India. Acting is one of my passions and this film appeared to be the perfect opportunity. When I went for the casting, I wasn't sure if I'll do the movie. But once I heard the storyline and met the director, I was sure I wanted to be part of it. Everyone made me feel welcome, not like how it is in England. I was able to relate with Vijay and we decided that it would be a good move for me to make, Amy said to a leading English daily.

I didn't know what to expect. However, it was a fantastic opportunity and Arya and Alex really helped me settle down. My character is Amy Wilkinson, the 18-year-old daughter of the governor of Madrasapattinam. A problem arises when I fall in love with an Indian boy as it was forbidden back then. My character is that of a kind, genuine person who loves Indians unlike her father and stepmother, she added.

Madrasapattinam is the revolutionary love story (of a Madrasi and a British girl) set in the pre-Independence era. Vijay, who directed Kireedam (Ajith) and Poi Solla Porom will direct this beautiful love story. Nirav Shah is the cinematographer and G.V. Prakash is the music composer. Vijay has elaborate plans to recreate the aura of the British era in India. Kalpathi Agoram, who gave the recent blockbuster Subramaniapuram, produces Madrasapattinam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...